Existing Players can Also Get Free Bonuses with No Deposit
Online casinos roll out the red carpet to get new players in through the door using a variety of free bonuses, in particular no deposit bonuses which allow players to try out pokies without having to make a deposit. However, that is only job half done, and operators nowadays pull a lot of stops in retaining an existing player with even more free bonuses. Just like bonuses for new registrations, these freebies may require a deposit and may also be given out as part of a no deposit offer. These bonuses and offers for regular players are much more varied and attractive than those given out for new players.
Types of Bonuses for Existing Players
There are various types of bonuses for regular customers in online casinos - some require a deposit, most are no deposit bonuses, some are part of recurring promotional offerings, and some (such as birthday bonuses and high roller bonuses) are customized for each player.
- No Deposit Bonuses: It's not just new players that can avail of no deposit bonus options - existing players in Australia too can regularly receive no deposit bonuses, in the form of free spins or free cash, which is periodically given out to players. Quite often, free spins are given out whenever there is a new game on-site that the casino is actively trying to promote. Other times, these are part of a recurring program such as "Wednesday Free Spins" and some casinos even have daily free spins which all players can take advantage of. These no deposit bonus spins are not credited automatically and usually will require a bonus code to activate - these codes can normally be found on the "Promotions" section of a website, or you can contact customer support on the best way to get these free bonuses.
- Match Deposit Bonuses: While a new player may get hefty match deposit offers, an existing player too may get offers in which the casino matches deposit amounts up to a set percentage. These are normally packaged as a "Reload Bonus" but effectively amounts to the same thing as welcome match deposit offers given to new players. An example may be a "Friday Reload 50% Match Deposit Bonus + 50 Free Spins!" - what this will give you, as the name suggests, is an additional 50% of your deposit amount on Fridays (up to a specified limit) along with some free spins. Reload offers will normally have a bonus code which you will need to enter while making the deposit.
- Free Cash and Free Play Bonuses: An existing player can often be the beneficiary of free cash or free play credits that a casino may give out at regular intervals to consistently active customers. These are not very frequent so keep an eye out for when these promotions are released. Pro Tip: The customer service department (especially on live chat) are a good source of information on what the best bonuses are at the moment and the good ones that will be released in the near future. An existing free cash offer could be something like "Free $50 After First 5 Deposits!". Free Play offers are time-based which allow playing for free on any pokie of your choice for a limited time period (typically 1 hour).
- Cashbacks: This bonus too does not involve making a deposit to activate. Using this bonus, players can get a percentage of their deposits back if they end up losing it all. Another form this bonus takes is in refunding a percentage of the net losses that a player may incur while playing on the site. This too is usually not an automatic offer and requires activation via a request to the customer service department or by entering a specific code.
- Recurring Promotions: The best online casinos in Australia regularly give out daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal offerings that an existing player can make use of. These can range from the mundane "Daily Free Spins", to "Friday Freerolls", to "Birthday Bonuses, to "Christmas Specials" and so on. The "Promotions" page of a website will have all the current and upcoming bonus offers on the site.
- VIP Bonuses: Another great offer for regular players are VIP loyalty rewards that are part of most online casinos. Here, you can gain points by wagering money on the site (higher bet amounts = more points!), which you can redeem later for free spins, free cash, and plenty of other rewards. You will get a personal account manager (with concierge services) and high roller recipients of this have even been known to get stuff like luxury cars, holidays abroad, and invites to exclusive events.
How An Existing Player Can Claim Bonuses
Claiming most existing player bonuses will require a bonus code or account activation by the good people over at the customer service department. As an existing player, simply head over to the "Promotions" section which will not only contain a list of existing offers but will also have clickable links to begin the activation process for you. Most of the time, the code will need to be entered in the "Cashier" section of the site. Sometimes, these promotional offers will be sent to you via a clickable link on e-mail, so be sure to be subscribed to the casino newsletter to get regular updates.
Bonus Terms and Conditions
While bonuses are obviously great for all players, online casinos have processes in place to prevent abuse of these benefits (also known as "bonus abuse" in casino circles). The most common is the wagering requirement which represents a minimum multiple of the bonus amount that must be bet on the site before the bonus funds are released for withdrawal. As an example, if you received a free $50 after making your first 5 deposits, and this bonus had a 20x wagering requirement to it, then you would need to place bets totaling $50 x 20 = $1000 before the bonus money (or anything remaining) can be converted to real money and be cashed out. That said, not every bonus for an existing player will have a playthrough requirement attached to it - sometimes an online casino may just want to reward a loyal customer and may give out bonuses without any strings attached. Other terms typically include a validity period (where the bonus spins/cash must be used up within a set period), eligible games (bonuses are often not eligible for use on all pokies or games), and a maximum cashout cap. Be sure to thoroughly read and understand the bonus terms (usually available on the "Terms and Conditions" link at the bottom of the home page of the casino website) before using a bonus.
There's no doubt that online casinos will pander to an existing player by giving out plenty of bonus and promo offers, a lot of which are no deposit offers and are simply a reward for their continued patronage. These bonuses are basically the casino's way of giving back some of the money made off customers, so all players must make full use of all the promotional offers that casinos regularly dish out.